Macao International Legal Symposium on Promoting Economic and Trade Cooperation between China and Lusophone Countries
Source : Legal Affairs Bureau
The Macao International Legal Symposium on Promoting Economic and Trade Cooperation between China and Lusophone Countries will take place on 13 December 2017, from 8:30a.m. to 7p.m., on the 5th Floor of the World Trade Centre Macau, Lotus Room, located on Avenida da Amizade no. 918. This event is organised by the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL), the Forum for Economic and Trade Co-operation between China and Portuguese-speaking Countries (Forum Macao), the Legal Affairs Bureau (DSAJ) and the University of Macau (UM) with the support from the World Trade Centre Macau (WTC) and the Macau Lawyers Association (AAM).
The themes of this Symposium are: “Macao as a Centre for Arbitration to Resolve Economic and Trade Disputes between China and Lusophone Countries”, “Legal Harmonisation and the Role of Macao in the Context of China-Lusophone Cooperation and the ‘Belt and Road’ initiative”, “Promoting Business Opportunities and Legal Services in the Context of China-Lusophone Cooperation and the ‘Belt and Road’ initiative”, with its aims of providing a mutual platform for legal experts, professionals and scholars from China, Lusophone Countries and Macao to share their knowledge on arbitration, legal harmonisation and the promotion of business opportunities & legal services under the “Belt and Road”initiative. This event also intends to enhance the role of Macao as a platform for China and the Lusophone Countries.
This Symposium will focus on the following specific issues for further exploration and exchange:
- The Arbitration Market：Challenges and Prospects for Macao;
- The Reformative Development of Zhuhai International Arbitration;
- Alternative Dispute Resolution in Portugal and Europe;
- The Cape Verde’s Experience in Arbitration;
- The Evolution of Arbitration in Mozambique: from Commercial Arbitration to Public Law Arbitration;
- Conflict Resolution in International Trade: Brazil Experience;
- The “Belt and Road” – Cross-Border Legal Services;
- E-commerce Legislation Harmonisation: China, Macao and Lusophone Countries;
- Angola’s Perspective in the Role of Arbitration in the Promotion of Economic Cooperation between China and Lusophone Countries
- Two-hour plenary session under the theme of “Promoting Business Opportunities and Legal Services in the Context of China-Lusophone Cooperation and the ‘Belt and Road’ initiative” with speakers from different jurisdictions.
A total of nine exchange sessions and one two-hour forums are going to take place. The guests, who will be participating in this Symposium are experts and scholars from Mainland China, Macao Special Administrative Region and the Lusophone Countries: Angola, Brazil, Cape Verde, Guiné-Bissau, Mozambique, Portugal, São Tomé e Príncipe and Timor-Leste. This Symposium will be conducted in Putonghua and Portuguese with simultaneous translation to Cantonese, Putonghua and Portuguese.
-- The End --